Here we go.

12 June 2008

I'm watching what has been a disappointing soccer game between Germany & Croatia -- hopefully, things will turn around quickly!  As of now, 2-0 Croatia.

I've spent some time today working on a post about our recent trip to Seattle.  I'd like to document it properly for posterity, but I don't want it to be so long and drawn out.  Oh, but it will be long, that part can't be helped.

UPDATE:  Goal!  Germany!

I got to use Ms. Bento for the first time today!  There's something satisfying about taking a proper lunch to work.  It was leftovers today, no big deal.  I had chicken enchiladas w/ salsa, cantaloupe, & fig newtons.  This evening, when I got home from work, the first thing I did was drain a block of tofu & squeezed out it's water.  Made up a simple marinade and pan fried them.  OM NOM.  They are going to lay on a bed of plain steamed rice.  A side of cantaloupe and a salad and there is lunch for tomorrow!  

I walked to work, too, and I say what took me so long?  I know people who have to walk further than I have to to get to their bus/subway stop.  It's a bit embarrassing that I haven't made this a habit sooner.  We're a car short these days, the OVLOV has been acting strange.  It gives me the fear to think of breaking down on the Broadway bridge in the middle of p.m. traffic.  Anyway, walking is fine, it's a nice route.  I mean, I get to walk over the river both ways!  I brought an umbrella to use as a parasol, but I didn't use it - - I will tomorrow!  I got a tan, but on one side.

UPDATE:  Red card, Germany.  #7 Schweinsteiger.  It doesn't look good.  

UPDATE UPDATE:  Croatia wins.  They are the better team, I saw it.  It should've been 3-1, really.

So, I'm going through a thing right now.  I can't seem to get to it!  I've got things I need to do, you know, some housekeeping, some involved cooking.  I don't know what it is, I mean, I don't feel awful, I am LAZY.  Maybe it's the summerness that's going on outside.  I don't know, maybe I'm just being a knucklehead.  There's nothing wrong, I'm just being lazy.

I want my $600!  It's my money and I want it now!  Amirite?  I'm going to be a patriot and spend the shit out of that government check.  My short list of things I'd like to purchase:  Clothes (mostly for work) & Love/Rockets comics.  Oh, and a fan for the tent.  I guess if there's anything left, I'll put it in savings.  

I'm trying to work up some motivation to run to the grocery store real quick -- I'd like to make some furikake for future lunches.  And a cucumber-tomato salad.  My aunt gave me some beautiful tomatoes in Seattle and I managed to get them home unbruised and they are ripening with a quickness, so it's time.   

Ugh, stifling laziness.





  

No comments:

Blog Archive